As James 1:27 says.
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
"to keep himself unspotted from the world." ?
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33
It is a subtle form of Gnostic seduction these types of so called "Christian movies" facilitate in leavening the minds of so called Christians that do not abandon their own lives for seeking the Kingdom of God, and working for it's trading of the Lord Jesus Christ talents he gives.
"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal." John 6:27
We said that Cessationism is to blame for this problem. Why is that? The wisdom of God teaches us that Grace will lead us into the Truth, but wisdom is Christ speaking from heaven concerning his word and calling is not understood by these cessationist churches that are not "hearing" the Lord Jesus Christ call them into his way.
This was very clearly explained by King Solomon in His book of Proverbs not to abandon the voice of Christ's commandments (John 10).
We read in Proverbs 2:1-6
1. My son, if thou wilt receive my words (Heb 'êmer - utterance), and hide my commandments with thee; (the foundational Gospel calling commandments)
2. So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom (hearing God's voice to follow His way), and apply thine heart to understanding (the Way, Truth and Life);
3. Yea, if thou criest after knowledge (that comes from Christ), and liftest up thy voice for understanding (to God the Father though Christ);
4. If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; (seeking first the Kingdom of God).
5. Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, (Proverbs 8:13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy (of pontificating Higher learning "Professors"), and the evil way (of secular "education"), and the froward mouth (of puffed up Gnostics in school), do I hate.), and find the knowledge of God (personally knowing God's salvation).
6. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth (contrary to Cessationism) cometh knowledge and understanding.
We see that it is God's mouth that lost man has not truly heard, and is the answer to all things for those having ears for hearing. If Cessationist's had heard the Gospel calling, the first desire of separating from the evil world's lost methods would be compelled by the filling of the Holy Spirit's strong desire for Christ.
Yet their lust after secular education only facilitates the status quo lukewarm apostasy, and that education profits them nothing in relation to hearing Christ voice (John 10). All they will "learn" is how to facilitate more rudimentary Gnosticism by the process of social engineering gnostic's teaching the science of abiding in the worlds "educational" houses. "Always learning and never able to come to the knowledge" (epignōsis - revelatory knowledge about Christ way) "of the truth."
2 Timothy 3:7
The Biblical principle is clear.
No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Luke 16:13
Those who produce these types of movies do not have the interest of Christ and His Kingdom, even though they think they do. Middle America and cultural Christianity in it's lukewarm state of evangelical normality, is just as humanistic with it's seminaries, and self religion, that are looking for new ideas to accredit their "successful" recruits to the secular Gnostic's educational hierarchy.
Since they are seeking the Gnostic system under the guise of Christian education, how can their leavened desire to serve two masters be Christ work.
The revelation of Christ speaking the explanation of His own works and word is greater when found; but how can the deaf Cessationist hear it? It is impossible, unless they repent of their humanistic doctrines that facilitate their own apostasy.
PS. This is not a pass on Charismatic counterfeit gnostics that facilitate the same problem. They suffer from not thinking enough about the problem through the foundational New Testament to help themselves, but faith can break through to some still. Cessationst's have a bigger problem, because the Gnostic Cessationist mind that thinks it "knows", is stunted for real spiritual instruction from Christ, by willfully ignorant closed deaf ears to the Holy Spirit's calling of Christ.
God's repentance is required for both gnostic camps to see their own error of "the garment polluted by the flesh" of deaf carnal ears Jude 1:23. Both love competing in the world's gnostic ways, instead of abandoning themselves to it.